Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Ace Attorney Talk!


Silver the Hedgehog: Ace Attorney
Yeah, I'm still wondering whether or not it should be called, "Ace Attorney: Silver the Hedgehog," or "Silver the Hedgehog: Ace Attorney." I should probably stick with the latter.
I'm also still considering finding an English Apollo Justice logo, and editing the words to say "Silver the Hedgehog." It would either take a long time, or end up horrible.
I am also seriously considering showing you readers the first bit of "The Silver Turnabout." But, I'd like to wait until I'm done with the whole case before I release any bit of it.
....okay, I'll show some random lines. You can tell me for yourself if it sounds funny enough for you.
Bowser: All right, all right, be quiet, will ya? Show a little respect. Court is now in session!
Tails: The prosecution is ready, your honor.
Silver: Um, uh...
Bowser: Is the defense ready?
Silver: Uh... yes, your honor. The defense is ready.
Bowser: Okay, then. Now let's get this show on the road! Mister Prower, your opening statement, if ya please.
Tails: *a-hem* A few nights ago, Robert, a GUN soldier and veteran of the Black Arms/Humans war of '05, was shot twice in the chest.
Bowser: Gruesome. Awesome.
Tails: We have evidence that shows that Shadow the Hedgehog is responsible for this murder.
Bowser: I see. And, uh... might I ask, what IS this "evidence?"
Tails: (pistol shows up in top-right corner) Here is the pistol that was used.
["OBJECTION!!!" appears on-screen as Silver shouts it]
Bowser: Yeah, dude? You got a problem?
Silver: I thought the victim's name was "Bob," not, "Robert!"
[awkward silence]
Bowser: **** yeah, something's wrong; what the bloody **** IS he?
Bowser: DAMN, man! That **** is VAGUE! Can't you be ANY more specific?! *groan* Start your cross-examination, defense.
Silver: You were up pretty late, weren't you? It must have been at least 2 AM!
Crub: So what? Bite me!
Silver: I was just saying!
Crub: I'm a robot, whaddya EXPECT?
Silver: Sorry!
Crub: Eh, whatever.
["HOLD IT!!!" appears on-screen as Silver shouts it]
Silver: You're positive that's what you heard?
Crub: As true as blue, man. I seen stuff, y'know? Like... in my mind. I seen some ghosts... and some wars, and stuff.
Silver: ...what are you talking about?
Crub: I dunno.
Silver: OBJECTION OBJECTION OBJECTION OBJECTION.... *deep inhale* (extra loud) OOOOBBBBJEEEECCCCTTTTIOOOONNNNN!!!!
Silver: m i Wright?
["HOLD IT!!!" appears on-screen as Silver shouts it]
Silver: ......
Bowser: Hey. Hedgehog. What's wrong?
Silver: I just don't like this guy. Sorry. Continue, witness.
Bowser: Wait, wait, WAIT. Could somebody explain to me what the **** is going on?
Bowser: Hot damn, some REAL evidence! Gimme gimme gimme gimme!
Bowser: DAMN, what is WITH this case?! It's like the first case of Apollo Justice, except without poker!
//////////
Bowser: We're waiting for you to start. *bangs gavel*
Now, if you haven't played any Ace Attorney game before, you will be... clueless. Or, confused. So, I have searched YouTube for anything that might help you understand the awesome world of Japanese court.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jns2Dlv9S9w A fake case about a detective's lunch being stolen. In Japanese, with English subtitles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3XdLiKiBok&feature=related A fansub of the above "trial." It's... pretty good, but... could be better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsZTWvDV70w&feature=related Second Apollo Justice trailer. Damn, my internet connection sucks today. But the trailer's good. In fact, if you do a bit of searching, you'll find other versions of that trailer with (Japanese) voice acting. Some fans made their own dubbed version which was actually pretty good. But I digress...
http://www.ace-attorney.com/aj/ Check it out! A demo of Apollo Justice, played with your mouse instead of a stylus! And it's official, so no need to worry about anything illegal. If you can't play it for some reason, there's always...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnPXoWefZE&feature=related Part one of a video walkthrough of the Mock Trial (demo).
Now, for something rather random. I will post the Cross-Examination themes from all four Ace Attorney games. Why? Well, if you've played at least one of them, you'll understand how important Cross-Examination is, and you'll know how awesome the songs are.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTG7wQmEMps&feature=related (as well as some other songs)
PWAA: Justice For All: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfUEbbP9-vQ&feature=related (as well as some others)
PWAA: Trials and Tribulations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2YzbW_IqXs&feature=related (as well as... yeah)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ__7rV1XQM&feature=related (Moderate)
Thanks for sticking around all this time, and look forward to Silver the Hedgehog: Ace Attorney, coming 2008, probably.

No comments: